How much time until the next KU tipoff?
KU Sports Basketball News
- Quickley picks Kentucky; McCormack to announce Sunday - 09/22/2017
Five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley officially committed to Kentucky on Friday evening during a ceremony at his school, leaving the Kansas basketball program to turn its attention to an announcement from four-star big man David McCormack, who has scheduled his announcement for Sunday. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- Kansas basketball program continues strong pursuit of top 2018 talent - 09/21/2017
With 6-foot-9 big man Silvio De Sousa already on board, the Kansas men's basketball program continues to pursue several of the top players in the 2018 recruiting class in hopes of adding even more elite talent to one of the most important recruiting classes KU coach Bill Self has gone after. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- Self against the idea of 'free agency' as NCAA explores changes to transfer rules - 09/20/2017
As the Kansas men’s basketball team prepares to jump into a season during which three Jayhawks will sit out and two others finally will play after transferring in, landing athletes via transfer could be on the brink of becoming easier in college athletics.<strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- Mykhailiuk: Day 1 of KU boot camp as tough as ever - 09/19/2017
The one and only message uttered by Kansas senior Svi Mykhailiuk and the rest of the KU upperclassmen to a handful of first-year Jayhawks before the opening day of KU’s annual boot camp on Monday morning was simple — be on time. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- Annual KU basketball boot camp set to begin bright and early Monday - 09/17/2017
With this year’s Late Night scheduled earlier than ever — 6:30 p.m., Sept. 30 at Allen Fieldhouse — the annual exhaustion known as boot camp will begin earlier, as well, at 6:15 a.m. Monday, when Bill Self and his team meet before the sun rises to put in a full day’s work before many people get out of bed. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- Testing complete, DA awaits input from alleged victim in KU basketball dorm rape case - 09/15/2017
Additional testing in the case of a 16-year-old girl’s alleged rape at the University of Kansas men’s basketball dorm is now complete, Douglas County District Attorney Charles Branson said this week.
Now, the DA’s office is awaiting input from the alleged victim.
- Wynton Marsalis' Lincoln Center jazz orchestra to compose new music celebrating KU basketball - 09/13/2017
The Lied Center announced on Wednesday a partnership that will pair the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with, of all things, legends of KU basketball.
- KU's Azubuike one of 19 attendees at NCAA symposium designed to educate pro prospects - 09/13/2017
KU sophomore Udoka Azubuike was one of 19 current college players invited last weekend to an Elite Student-Athlete Symposium in Indianapolis designed to give draft-eligible athletes a better and closer look at life in the NBA and the things they must consider before making the decision whether to turn pro early or stay in school. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- Oscar-style celebration with those closest to him highlighted Bill Self's big night - 09/09/2017
Friday’s Hall of Fame induction for Kansas coach Bill Self turned out to be one heck of a celebration, complete with a red-carpet entrance, a national television audience and some of the biggest and brightest celebrities in the game of basketball on hand. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- Hall of Fame Notebook: Huge support system the best part for Bill Self - 09/09/2017
If he were at all nervous when he stepped onto the stage at Symphony Hall to lead off the induction speeches for this year’s class joining the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, Kansas coach Bill Self was quickly comforted when he looked into the crowd and saw dozens of familiar faces. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>