How much time until the next KU tipoff?
KU Sports Basketball News
- KU Student Senate, Kansas Athletics introduce basketball lottery system for low-income, first-generation students - 11/17/2017
A new partnership between the University of Kansas Student Senate and Kansas Athletics aims to make games at Allen Fieldhouse more accessible to traditionally underserved students.
- Game day Breakdown: No. 4 KU basketball vs. South Dakota State - 11/17/2017
A look at some of the keys for fourth-ranked Kansas in Friday's matchup with South Dakota State at Allen Fieldhouse. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- Tom Keegan: Better stamina and fewer fouls mean more minutes for Udoka Azubuike - 11/17/2017
The most significant number produced in Kansas’ 65-61 victory over Kentucky in the Champions Classic leapt off the box score as if it were a typo. Udoka Azubuike, a broad-shouldered 7-footer who carries 280 pounds, played 34 minutes and did it against fast and quick Kentucky.
- Self says Billy Preston's status unchanged - 11/16/2017
The Kansas men's basketball team went into Thursday's practice preparing to play Friday's game against South Dakota State without Billy Preston. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- Five-star guard Quentin Grimes calls feeling of signing with KU indescribable - 11/16/2017
Quentin Grimes, a five-star guard ranked No. 11 by Rivals.com in the Class of 2018, announced his commitment to Kansas at a ceremony at College Park High in The Woodlands, Texas on Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017. Shortly thereafter, he sent his national letter of intent to the KU basketball offices to make his commitment official. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- KMCI-TV reaches deal with Spectrum Sports to simulcast early-season KU basketball games - 11/15/2017
There's good news for Kansas City-area Kansas basketball fans who in recent years have struggled to see a handful of early-season KU games televised on The Jayhawk Network. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- Jayhawks want to get sophomore center Udoka Azubuike more shots - 11/15/2017
On a night when the Kansas men's basketball team shot 35 percent from the floor and won, the one Jayhawk who finished with a field goal percentage above 50 percent had just five attempts. <strong>By Matt Tait</strong>
- KU says benched basketball player hit curb on 19th Street, damaged tires; university still mum on 'financial picture' - 11/15/2017
Local law enforcement agencies did not take any reports over the weekend of a vehicle accident involving University of Kansas basketball player Billy Preston.
- ‘Big-boy play’: KU dominates offensive boards in ‘great, grind-it-out win’ - 11/15/2017
Sometime in the hours before his 2:30 a.m. snack of popcorn ended up on his beard — and Devonte’ Graham’s Snapchat story — Malik Newman was hitting a crucial shot in KU’s 65-61 win over Kentucky. Yet it was the play before that encapsulated the difference in the game. <strong>By Scott Chasen</strong>
- KU coach Bill Self confident freshman forward Billy Preston will be back but unsure of when - 11/15/2017
Shortly after his team survived a scare from seventh-ranked Kentucky despite playing basically just six guys, Kansas coach Bill Self offered a little more information into the traffic incident that kept freshman forward Billy Preston in street clothes. <strong> By Matt Tait</strong>